Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Back again. I still have trouble with the text and trying to put photos on as well, so sorry for that. And when I make a spelling mistake, which I hate to do and like to correct it, I sometimes cant do it.

Today we also went to the Maritime museum. I didnt know, but 4 Dutch ships sunk around here in the 1600's.
That was when they were sailing from Holland to Indonesia.
It was very interesting, saw some old dutch coins, called Rijksdaalder, which was 2 guilders and 50 cents, which I used when I was a child.

Also went to a scrapbooking shop, as you do, and the girl who ownes it was from dutch parents. So dutchies eveywhere........
Also went for a drive around the area, it is a nice town with a big port, where trains and roadtrains bring their loads of iron ore and wheat and off load into bunkers and then on to the big ships.
So the town is thriving with new houses and buildings go up everywhere.

Leaving here tomorrow to go Kalbarri, where we hope to stay for about 3 nights, then slowly we will be making our way back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment